Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Do you feel that 'buzz'?

It's 8:00am in beautiful, historic, St. Charles Illinois (I'm not sure what specifically is historic about it, but there must be something). It's quiet right now, but in half an hour this convention center will be buzzing with the sounds of keyboards clacking, mice double clicking and most of all, educators learning.

Today kicks off the first pre-conference day of the IL-TCE conference. I'll be presenting a full day workshop about getting started in the world of blogging. This is actually going to be my first time on the 'other side' of the projector, as a presenter rather than an attendee. Considering how many years I've been going to ICE and how much I enjoy it, I can't help but wonder why I never signed up to present before. Regardless, this will be a rather fun way to kick the conference off. An entire day devoted to blogs, aggregators, RSS and a few surprises here and there.

What's also amazing is how well the blogging community is represented amongst the keynote and spotlight speakers. David Warlick, Will Richardson, Tim Lauer, Tony Vincent and the team of Susim Munshi and Susan Switzer are all highlighted speakers who are either well known for their blogging endeavors or addressing blogging directly in their presentations. Certainly a timely subject.

Enjoy the conference, more to come!

1 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Blogger franky said...

Thank you for all of your hard work! I enjoyed my first day at the conference. I love coming here, it is a wonderful time to meet with other educators and to develop new ideas for my teachers and students back home! Thanks again! Good luck on the conference!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home