Saturday, February 25, 2006

The Read/Write Web in Education

First let me say this blog is a GREAT idea and just one more sign that we're all starting to understand the many changes that the Web has in store for our classrooms, our students and our practice. I'm really looking forward during my presentations on Thursday to having a conversation about those changes and the potentials that I see for us all now that we can easily create and share information and content with wide audiences. There is so much we can learn from one another when we become a part of a community of learners and practitioners using the tools like blogs, wikis, podcasts, RSS, social bookmarks and others. They are truly transformative in the ways they connect people, content and ideas, and I'm really hoping to articulate that promise when we meet this week.

Having said that, I'm envious that the rest of you will get to see Tim Lauer and David Warlick and Tony Vincent and the other great speakers who will be teaching about these ideas as well. I've learned a great deal from reading their blogs and following their work, and I always love to see and hear them in person. So I guess the big question is, is anyone blogging their sessions???

Looking forward to a great week...
Will Richardson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home